Product: Roster Server
Audience: ClassLink Administrator
If you are ready to set up Roster Server to pull data from the Skyward OR API, you’ll need to retrieve your URL to Skyward, the key, and secret.
Connection to ClassLink Roster Server
1. Log into ClassLink -> click on your Roster Server app (or click on your ClassLink Management Console app, then click on Roster Server from the left frame). You can also access the Roster Server Console by logging in through https://console.oneroster.com.
2. Go to Settings -> General.
5. Under SIS Connector Settings -> click Choose to select your SIS (Skyward API).
6. Enter the Skyward Key and Secret values, along with your API URL.
In some cases, the URL will look similar to this: https://skyward.schoolDistrictName.org/api
7. Click SAVE in the bottom right corner.
8. Click Test Connection and a message of success will appear.
9. Turn the Enabled switch on.
10. Click Run Connection (This may take a while).
11. Under Importer Settings -> turn the Sync button on and choose a sync schedule.
12. Click on Import Rosters -> Import Now and your files will appear. This document will help as well.
13. Go back to the left frame menu -> click Applications to choose the applications to the roster. This document will help as well.
The Skyward API connector now supports adding guardians to the users CSV (if available). To add guardians, simply toggle the "Guardian" option. Please note that guardian information will only be added if it already exists in Skyward. If the "Guardian" checkbox is toggled, a second toggle will appear, called "Student Guardian Email". If enabled, a metadata field will be added to the users CSV, which contains any linked guardians' emails.
If you were previously using Skyward connector you can toggle the Use Legacy Skyward ID's to have a smoother transition of data conversion.
Updated: Dec 2020