Audience: ClassLink Administrator, Instructor, Student
DUO is a specialist multi-factor authentication provider and ClassLink has integrated DUO Mobile as a Two-Factor Authentication method, alongside Image, Mobile Authenticator App, and SMS. With a mobile device linked to an account, DUO will send an 'Approve or Deny' Push request to the DUO App, and on approval, the ClassLink login completes.
This document will walk you through the process of enabling and using Duo Push two-factor authentication.
1. If you are using the updated UI, Duo Push is enabled in the Recovery tab of My Profile. Click the toggle and select DUO Push from the dropdown.
In the legacy UI, the tab is called Two-factor Authentication Setup, and it is also located in My Profile.
2. Once enabled, the next time you log in you will be prompted to setup Duo Push.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts. You will be asked what type of device you are linking. Mobile phones are preferred, and this document will guide you through the process of linking a phone.
4. Enter your phone number, after which you will be asked what type of phone it is (iPhone/Android/Windows/Other).
5. You will then be prompted to install the Duo Mobile application from your device's respective app store. Do so, then click I have Duo Mobile installed
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to scan the QR code with the Duo Mobile app. Click Continue.
7. You will then see your device's details along with a dropdown of what action to take when logging in. You can either be asked to choose an authentication method or be sent a Duo Push automatically. Click Continue to Login.
1. If during the initial Duo Push setup, you chose to select an authentication method, you will see the following screen:
2. Clicking Send Me a Push will send your device a push notification. Approving it will log in you in (if you had chosen to be sent a Duo Push automatically, this will be done immediately after entering your username and password). Clicking Enter a Passcode will prompt for a passcode, which is found in the Duo Mobile app.
Resetting Your Device
1. In order to reset the Duo device associated with your account, click the Configure button under the two-factor method selection dropdown.
2. If your admin has allowed users to reset their own device, simply click the Reset Duo button. On your next login, you will again be prompted to link a device.
3. If your admin has not allowed users to reset their devices, the button will say Request Reset. Clicking it will email an admin, and if they approve your request, you will be able to reset your device.
On the legacy UI, the reset button is located in Two-factor Authentication Setup
4. The behavior of this button is the same; it will say Reset Your DUO Device if users are allowed to reset their own devices and Request your DUO device to be reset if not.