Audience: ClassLink Administrator
Fields are user properties such as name, company, email, or role. They are used for mappings, which define user properties, and conditions, which define sets of users. There are four types of fields: required, default, custom, and object.
Fields can be specified differently from one platform to another. For example, a source might label a user’s “name” as such, while a destination might label the same property as “givenName”. OneSync can equate or link these user properties across platforms, regardless of nomenclature, using mappings. Selected fields from sources will be formatted with green text in destination mappings since unmapped fields will return an error.
You can create custom fields while mapping to a source. In the Mappings tab, click the blue "+Add CustomField" link. This will pull out a slideover where you can create and edit custom fields, as well as see a list of current fields.
Custom object fields are OneSync fields that can hold object data, imported from an ODBC source and based on specified keys.
To create a custom field:
1. Create or edit a source and navigate to the Mappings tab.
2. Click "Add New Field" to open the Fields slide over, that lists all of the OneSync fields.
3. Create a Custom field which can be one of the following:
- Single Value: Field that can hold a single value, like "grade level"
- List of Single Values: Field that can hold a list of values, like "phone numbers"
- List of Multiple Values: Field that can hold a list of multi-part values, like "addresses"
If you are creating a List of Multiple Values, you must configure the object:
1. Add the List field, then find your field to edit.
2. Click the blue edit icon to the right to open its configuration settings.
3. Click the blue encircled plus icon to add keys for the object.
4. Once you've named each key, click the blue "Save" button to save your List.
Updated: Oct 2019