Audience: ClassLink Administrator
My Files is the place to access and store documents and files. As an administrator, you can manage cloud and network resources from the My Files settings in the ClassLink Management Console.
- My Files View
- ClassLink Agent
- To Download the Agent
- Group Policy for Agent
- PDF and Image Previewer
- Map Network Folders
- Folder Mapping with AD ClassLink Gateway 2.0
My Files View
To get other My Files options:
- Right-click a file.
- Change the default click option.
- Choose to open the file on your device instead of editing online.
|Smart Menu Item||Description|
|Open in Zoho||
Online document editor. Option only available when the file cannot be opened using Office Online.
|Open in Office Online||
Online document editor for files that end in an 'x' such as docx, ptx, or xlsx.
|Open On Your Device||
Use your locally installed Office applications to edit your documents (uses Java by default; also see Classlink Agent).
Copy then paste your document anywhere! Paste to a network folder, Google Drive, OneDrive, Office365 or Dropbox.
Download to your local machine.
|Default Click Action||
Change what the default action is when a file is clicked. Choose between Open in Zoho, Open on Your Device or Open in Office Online.
|Open in RDP||
Open using an RDP application.
Delete this file permanently.
|Email (For Teachers)||
Email a document as an attachment using the ClassLink email service
- ClassLink Agent stays in your task tray and you can click it to see the status of current files and the history of previous ones.
- ClassLink detects if Agent is installed and falls back to Java where it is not available.
- Provides notifications on upload/download completion.
- One-click access to documents that fail to upload properly
- Using the ClassLink Agent also means no more Java updates.
To Download the Agent
1. Click on the Download Agent button.
2. To begin installing the agent, click on the MSI file at the bottom of your screen.
3. To continue installing the agent, click Run.
4. Click Next 3 times in the installation window.
5. Verify that the agent is installed.
6. Now that the agent is installed, go to a document in My Files, try the Open on Your Device option.
Group Policy for Agent
Using the same MSI file downloaded above, you can deploy the agent to domain computers via group policy.
PDF and Image Previewer
ClassLink has the ability to let you preview your PDF files and images stored in your files. Simply click on the PDF or image you wish to view and the preview window will appear automatically.
Classlink Management Console -> My Files -> Manage Services -> toggle perferred cloud storage location option ON or OFF.
Map Network Folders
1. ClassLink Management Console -> My Files -> Folder Mapping.
2. Click the Add button.
3. Enter a Name.
4. To map a home folder, check the "Home Folder" box. ClassLink will use the path that is set in the home folder path in each user's AD account properties. If your home folders are mapped by group policy and are not located in the home folder path in AD, use the UNC path option. For example, \\servername\sharename\%username%
4A. To map a Windows share, provide a UNC Path. For example \\servername\sharename.
5. Click Save.
6. Click Assign to assign the folders to Groups or Users.
Folder Mapping with AD ClassLink Gateway 2.0
Alternatively, if you are using the AD ClassLink Gateway 2.0, you can use the connector to map network folders. Follow the instructions in this article to map network folders using the connector.
Updated: Jul 2020