Audience: ClassLink Administrator
ClassLink Administrators can enable Two-Factor Authentication for users by Profile. The two-factor options are Mobile authenticator, Mobile SMS, or a chosen image. Once enabled, individual users can set up their preferred method of verification.
- Enabling Two-Factor Authentication
- User Setup
- Resetting Two-Factor preferences
- Application Two-Factor Authentication
Enabling Two-Factor Authentication
1. Go to the ClassLink Management Console -> Settings -> Security.
2. Click the switch to turn it ON.
3. Click the configure button.
4. Click Add for each Profile you wish to enable Two-Factor Authentication, based on the method options of Image, Mobile Authenticator App, or Mobile SMS, (see descriptions of each below under User Setup). You may even require this feature by checking the Required box.
5. Close the window in the top right corner and then click Save.
Individual users are to go into the Profile Settings to configure their two-factor authentication feature of Image, Mobile Authenticator App, and/or Mobile SMS under Security. If two-factor authentication was enabled by the ClassLink Administrator as "Required," the user will be prompted upon login to set up the enabled feature.
The image two-factor authentication option will have the user click a pre-selected image during sign in each time.
1. The initial set up by the user is completed under Profile Settings -> Security -> Image then the user must choose one of the image options.
2. Below is an example prompt screen upon login. The question mark icon must be clicked.
3. The user must now select the image he/she selected during the Two-factor authentication setup.
Mobile Authenticator App:
For the Mobile Authenticator App setup, Google, Microsoft, LastPass, or Authy apps can be used.
1. The set up by the user is completed under Profile Settings -> Security -> Mobile Authenticator.
2. Next, scan the QR code given -> Enter the code generated by the app. After setup, when logging in, the user will be prompted to enter the code given by the Authenticator App.
1. The Mobile SMS two-factor authentication feature can be set up by individual users by going to Profile Settings -> Security -> Mobile SMS.
2. A mobile phone number is then to be entered so that a verification code can be sent to use upon login.
Resetting Two-Factor Preferences
If a user forgets a two-factor preference, CalssLink Administrators can reset it from the Management Console.
1. CMS -> Settings -> Security -> Click the configure button.
2. You can reset two-factor preferences for an entire profile or individual users. You may also want to remove the feature entirely. Select the appropriate tab and click Reset.
3. Close the window and click Save.
Updated: Nov 2020