Audience: ClassLink Administrator
Email-based accounts can be created manually or imported into the system. This is only used when an organization would like to add a user(s) who is not part of their domain or when the organization prefers to not have users authenticate into ClassLink LaunchPad utilizing their Active Directory, Google, or Azure accounts, but instead with their email address.
Adding an Email-Based User Account
To add individual email-based users to be able to access ClassLink LaunchPad, follow these steps.
- Go to CMC -> Groups & Users -> Users -> New User.
- Select a Building.
- Input an email formatted account (firstname.lastname@example.org). An actual email account is not needed.
- Input and confirm a password.
- Complete the Display Name, First Name, and Last Name fields.
- Click the green Save button.
- Search for the newly created account, click the Assign Group icon on the far right, then the appropriate group(s).
Importing Email-Based Groups
To import (bulk create) new email-based accounts, follow these steps.
1. Once logged into the CMC, go to Groups -> Add.
2. Create a Group Name, choose a Profile, make Wallpaper and Theme selections and then click Save. Do this for each group, choosing the correct profile each time.
3. Go to Groups & Users -> Users -> Import User and select the Building.
4. Click Download Template or download the template below, at the bottom of this page.
5. Fill out the downloaded CSV file for Teachers, a separate one for Students, and then one for Tenant Admin group, if needed, saving each file to your computer.
6. Continuing in the Import User section, click Choose File to browse for the CSV file(s) created and then click Import.
7. Continue for each file created.
8. Users are now able to log in to ClassLink.
Updated: Oct 2020